Access to quality assistance from a medical expert helps improve your health. And early detection of health concerns makes healing more promising. If you notice a cough that persists, discomfort in your chest, or breathing, talk with your specialist early on.
Your body connects with you through symptoms. Therefore, you need to be aware of that. A pulmonologist or chest specialist is a doctor who organizes diagnosis and medical care concerning your respiratory system. The doctor is also an expert in sleep medicines. You might reach out to the best chest specialist in Siliguri city, North Bengal.
What Leads to Respiratory Issues?
A number of reasons contribute to the development of several types of respiratory troubles in life include:
- Tobacco consumption/smoking
- Prolonged exposure to secondhand smoke
- In contact with air pollutants
- Genetic factors
- Hospital-acquired factors
- Weakened immune system
When to See a Chest Doctor?
Medical consultation is of utmost importance. Various signs and symptoms pinpoint you may have an underlying condition. The following are discomforts that require expert assistance:
- Cough that won’t heal with time
- Cough that produces excessive mucus with/without blood
- Chest pain/a tightening sensation
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulty during sleep
- Loud snoring
- Daytime tiredness
Consulting a doctor safeguards your well-being against further hazards. Developing such signs doesn’t mean you have a severe condition. Let your specialist examine your health so as to ensure suitable treatments ahead.
Knowing the most Alarming Lung Diseases
Given below are widely common health concerns in the lungs:
- Swelling and narrowing of airways due to excess mucus production makes breathing difficult, known as asthma. Exposure to air pollutants/lung irritants, exercise, smoke, mold, dust mites, cockroaches, pets, mice, and strong smells can trigger such concern.
- Infection in the lungs causes fluid accumulation. This condition results in cough, excessive phlegm, shortness of breath, chest pain, fever, or fatigue. With pneumonia, the risks of breathing trouble, pleural effusion, the transmission of infection to organs, and lung abscess increase.
- Chronic inflammatory lung condition termed COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) blocks the natural airflow from your lungs. COPD becomes significant over time. Complications of this disease can be frequent respiratory infections, pulmonary hypertension, heart disease, or even lung cancer.
- Collapsed lung or pneumothorax is when air approaches the pleural space. Fast treatment aims at relieving the pressure it causes against your lungs. Chest pain, fast heart rate, rapid breathing, bluish skin tone, and cough may indicate pneumothorax.
- Cystic fibrosis, shortly called CF, is an inherited condition responsible for long-term lung infections. The breathing capacity with CF over time reduces. The build-up of mucus affects not only your lungs but also your pancreas and other organs.
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis attacks your lungs and causes tuberculosis/TB. However, this bacterium can disturb your kidneys, brain, or spine as well.
A physical examination offered by your chest specialist rules out the underlying problem you’ve been suffering from. Several diagnostic procedures may be required. Getting medical guidance is secure for your wellness. Speak with the leading doctor pulmonologist in Siliguri city.
You can expect a chest X-ray, CT scan, MRI, blood analysis, sleep studies, pulse oximetry tests, allergy tests, and lung function tests. Now, treatments depend upon the health issue you’ve developed. Follow the step-by-step guidance provided by your doctor to receive a healthy recovery.